One of the main goals in our firm is to remove some of the fears that we all have about taxes. By understanding your present financial situation, and what the government requires under the tax code, we can educate you to know what it takes to minimize your tax bill while maintaining compliance with the tax laws. The prudence of planning to reduce taxes before the end of the year cannot be overemphasized.
We pride ourselves in using the latest technology and resources to practice our profession. At the risk of sounding nerdy, we enjoy the challenges that staying on the cutting edge of technology presents. We find it personally gratifying while obviously benefiting our clients and enhancing our workflow. Many of our clients find the sophistication of our technology refreshing in such a laid back non-stuffy, office atmosphere.
In addition to offering a comprehensive tax service, we also provide pertinent informative and practical advice for every scenario through our weekly email and special reports. If you’re not already receiving our weekly emails, you may do so by clicking one of the boxes below and enter your information. We will immediately rush you one of these reports.
Randall M. Hancock is the owner and operator of Randall M. Hancock CPA PC. With himself and his trusted bookkeeper, Debra Kelly, serving the Gardendale area for over 17 years, the firm was relocated to the historic Lakeview area in Birmingham in 2010.
With a combined 50 years of experience, Randall and Debra are a proven team when it comes to representing the tax and accounting profession. Our mission is to bear the burden of the financial, accounting and tax needs of our clients. In order to accomplish this mission, we strive to create an environment of free-flowing communication with our clients so that we can be trusted and involved financial advisors.
What We Do
- Tax Services 76% 76%
- Small Business 100% 100%
- Tax Problem Resolution 94% 94%
- Individuals 80% 80%
- Additional Services 87% 87%
Most tax professionals won’t tell you what I’m about to tell you.
You see, when I go to the IRS Forums, and mix and mingle with my peers, one of the primary topics of conversation is “How can we do our clients returns, manage their books — and just ‘get the job done’ so we can bank a good profit.”
Sure, there are plenty of discussions about the new changes to the tax code (every year, the tax code goes through hundreds of tiny changes, many of which are missed by those using software, or by certain tax professionals), but there’s a strong thread of conversation about maximizing the dollars we can squeeze out of every client — with a minimal amount of time.
In fact, I’m here to make three commitments to YOU, when you give us a chance to serve you and your family or business.
1) We will pro-actively seek out the maximum amount of deductions and credits legally (and ethically) allowable under the tax code on your behalf. That means that we won’t just “wait” for you to give us a little bump about how we should handle your file. We seek it out for you.
2) We commit to a conversational relationship with YOU. That means that you will hear from us on a regular basis with actionable, pertinent and jargon-free input on your tax situation AND your overall finances — be it in your family, or in your business. In fact, go ahead right now and enter your email address, grab our Free Report, and you’ll get a taste for how well we like to communicate.
3) We commit to responsiveness. We hear it all the time from our clients — how refreshing it is to deal with a tax firm who responds in a timely manner to questions, feedback or concerns. I’ve heard enough stories about people having to wait weeks at a time from their CPA or tax professional that it about makes me want to puke! It does not have to be this way.
You see, all tax and accounting professionals are not the same. From the “discount” chains (notice the quotes) to classic accounting firms, most fly through tax season in a disorganized mess–bleary-eyed and hopped-up on caffeine. It’s no wonder that they treat you like a number and lapse into excuses and accountant-talk. (Forgive me if I’m a little blunt.)
Talk again soon,
Randall Hancock, CPA
PS — Already ready to come in? I don’t blame you…many folks are fed up with the other options out there. Our schedule is very full … but if you call us at (205) 715-4488 or email me DIRECTLY at email@example.com we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax or accounting professional as painful as it’s been in the past!